In Veggie Propaganda, a number of facts and figures are presented. I have tried to list here mainly only the most unbiased sources that are from objective media, scientific, and non-profit organizations. Here is where you can learn more about the various claims in more or less the order they are presented in the animation:
1. Modern factory farms raise animals that live tortured lives and die miserable deaths.
Factory Farming is Not the Best We Have to Offer. – National Geographic (News Watch)
2. Factory farmed meat is full of antibiotics, dioxin, feces, hormones, etc.
Meat and Dairy Industry -Sourcewatch.com
Dissecting Another False Meat Industry Claim -Food Safety News
3. Farmed animals have the same emotions and intelligence as our pets.
Was Your Meat Smarter Than Your Pet? -ABC News
4. Non meat-eaters live longer than meat-eaters.
Does Low Meat Consumption Increase Life Expectancy in Humans? -The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
5. Eating less meat is good for animals, you, and the planet.
6. Vegetarians save an average of $4000 on groceries each year.
Why Go Veg? -Vegetarian Times
Go Vegetarian to Save Money -MSN Money
7. The less meat you eat:
The more you look and feel your best:
Vegetarian Diet on Solid Ground, Experts Say -USA Today
The more you help end world hunger:
The more you help fight climate change:
Solution to World Hunger? Eat Less Meat New Study Urges -Winnipeg Free Press
UN Urges Global Move to Meat and Dairy-Free Diet -The Guardian
The more you help protect endangered species and their habitats:
How Our Food Choices Help Save the Environment -Earth Save
8. Eating less meat helps prevent chronic diseases.
More About Veggie Propaganda: